PondSide HighSchool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud's Private Research Room

4 posters

Go down

Cloud's Private Research Room Empty Cloud's Private Research Room

Post  aniki~ Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

Yep, that's right. I have connections, as you should know, and they got me my own private research room at the library, ya got that? It's reserved for me forever, and nobody's gonna take it from me, ever, or I SWEAR TO GOD THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[in reality I have a friend who's a librarian and it's all good]

[that is all]
aniki~
aniki~

http://platypakazu.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Cloud's Private Research Room Empty trying to find obscure books is frustrating

Post  aniki~ Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 am

Cloud walked along the bookshelves, looking through the thousands of titles. "Aiyaa, why is it so hard to find," he muttered to himself. Finally, after half an hour, he resorted to using the library's online database to search for the book. "Hmm," he said, memorizing the book's code. Then he took ten more minutes of searching, but he finally found what he had been searching for. Then he went into his research room to read all about Prussia. It was called Prussia's Glory, after all.

[and yes, that is a real book and I was told that it cost $60 online]
aniki~
aniki~

Back to top Go down

Cloud's Private Research Room Empty Re: Cloud's Private Research Room

Post  Consuela Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:13 pm

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
" Almo-st... There..." Consuela grunted as she stretched her thin, delicate arm up in a frantic attempt to grab and book. She was tall and all, wearing heels too, but her already heightened length didn't match the amazingly tall shelf-

The she felt her fingers grab the spine of the book. She nearly cried out with relief as she lowered the book to her. It was an old dusty book with big silver lettering writing out "The Two Gentlemen of Verona By William Shakespeare". Her heart swoon as she read the words. This was one of her favorite plays by Shakespeare, but she hadn't read it in a long time. She knew she still wouldn't be able to during the first month or so into her job.

She held the book tightly in her arms and began walking out through the maze of shelf. This was going to be her first year teaching at Pondside High School, or any school in fact. She grinned at the thought of meeting her new students. They were going to act Shakespeare plays, modern day plays, she was going to make this school year the funnest for the students!

She had finally reached the check out stations and placed her book down, waiting for the old man on the other side, to finish up writing something. When he turned, Consuela smiled warmly " Hello, can I help you?" the old man asked, adjusting his small glasses and he looked at Consuela.

"Yes, I would love to check out this book please." She said with a bigger smile at the mention of the book.

The man paused for a second before taking the book and scanning it, typing things into his monitor " Your card?"

"Oh!" Consuela reached into her pocket, pulling out a simple red wallet and openeded it, pulling out her card and handing it to the man.

"Thank you..." the man said, scanning it then giving it back to her, along with the book. "Enjoy." he said, his eyes lingering on her before he turned to finish some work he was starting on.

Consuela nodded and turned to the library clock. Hmm... She had some free time. Consuela looked around to see many of the seats taken by other readers. She frowned slightly as she turned to see a room. The words "private research room" were bold on the door. Consuela bit her bottom lip as she began walking towards it. She watched around her. No one would mind it she had 30 minutes in there right? She opened the door, her eyes still behind her, making sure no one saw and she slowly closed the door, never keeping her eyes off of outside. Finally when the door closed she sighed with relief. No one saw, and thank god no one di-

She had turned in mid thought and froze to see an Asian man looking up at her.

"Oh... I' m sorry!" she said, smiling apologetically " I thought the room wasn't occupied. I'll just be leaving now." she turned and reached out for the door knob. You stupid stupid teacher you! she chided her self mentally. Why didn't you think if the room was empty or not!
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Consuela
Consuela

http://wolf-haven.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alamae Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Alamae was sitting down on a couch- oddly enough, yes, there was a couch in a library. She had her legs crossed, and her nose in the book. Literally, because she'd fallen asleep. And she was tipping over, onto her right side. Her arms were gripping onto the thick book she'd fallen asleep to. On the cover, it showed the title as,

Old Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes .

Alamae wasn't snoring- she was actually a very silent sleeper. But it was right between a heavy and light sleeper as well. It her sleep, she was humming one of the Nursery Rhymes. In her dream she was having a discussion with a goose. She was leaning against a giant boot. Finally when she got consciousness in her dream and realised how stupid it was, she screamed at the goose to get her the outta there. When the goose said she didn't know what Alamae meant, Alamae screamed at the goose, F.U., and stomped into a door in the boot.

There was a kitchen, two couches that made out into beds, and a bathroom. The inside of the boot look oddly like her dorm.

She walked over to the blue and brown couch, and pulled it out into a bed. She then layed down, and fell asleep.
Then she woke up in the library.
"What an odd flippin' dream," she mumbled, sitting upright.
Alamae
Alamae
Admin

https://p-shigh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angeldiva12 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Misa yawned, laying her head on her lap. She dropped the book, Mockingjay scrawled out on the cover. "Finally, I finished The Hunger Games in one day." [I did that when I was bored] She was slumped against the bean bag, half-asleep.

Pale pink hair all over the place, Misa was just about asleep, without a book, she was bored out of her mind. She slowly hobbled up, putting her books back from where she found them. Her sparkling, brown eyes held a distant quality, like she never zoomed in on anything.

"Damn! Miksi olen aina väsynyt huonoina aikoina?!" [Finnish] She shouted, pausing as people looked at her. Her face flushed red, and she quickly scuttled behind a shelf. She sat down, breathing slowly. 'Man, that was bad.' She thought to herself, she must have looked pretty stupid.

Eyes sparking to the present, she sang a short song to herself, "Oletko, sinä olet
Tulossa puuhun
Jos ne koukussa ylös mies, he sanovat murhasi kolme.
Outoja asioita ei tapahdu täällä
Ei muukalainen se olisi
Jos tapasimme keskiyöllä roikkuu puussa." It was a short sad song she had read in books, and heard sung by her mother.
Angeldiva12
Angeldiva12

Back to top Go down

Post  aniki~ Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 am

Cloud sat in his research room for about an hour, engrossed in his book. He'd never been so enthusiastic about learning about Prussia... as he fell even deeper into the book, however, he heard a soft click of the door, and gave a start. Dammit, he thought, I thought I locked the door...

He saw a tallish woman enter the room and looked blankly at her. She apologized and turned to leave, but Cloud thought, Oh well, what's the use, and said, "Wait... if you need to, you can stay here for now... but just this time, okay? If you want to know, there are a few more rooms like this across the library, but I think they're filled by now." He indicated the table next to his. "You can use that one if you want. I never use it."
aniki~
aniki~

Back to top Go down

Post  Consuela Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Consuela froze in place as the man spoke. She turned, a big smiled radiated off her face, her eyes slightly brightened as she clutched her book in her small hands.

"Thank you so much!!" she spoke, the happiness from her features echoed from her words as she skipped past him to the table he pointed off to. She sat down with an air of elegance and opened her book excitingly. Before she began reading she turned "I promise I won't take long! Probably 30 minutes and I'll be on my way!!"
Consuela
Consuela

Back to top Go down

Post  aniki~ Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:11 pm

"Oh...okay then," Cloud said as he turned back to his book. After a while, though, he looked up again and glanced at the newcomer. The book she was reading seemed familiar...

"Hey, what are you reading? It isn't Shakespeare, is it?" he asked warily. He'd never really enjoyed reading the tragedies or histories, but he thought he could tolerate it...

[oh god I don't know how to type]
aniki~
aniki~

Back to top Go down

Post  Consuela Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Consuela looked up from her book, blinking in slightly confusion then smiled, holding up her dusty old book "The Two Men of Verona." She said proudly, beaming as she modeled the book "One of Shakepeare's greatest Comedies... In my opinion." she said simply, turning her eyes from the man to her book, her eyes gave a spark of excitment as she countinued " I haven't read it in a long time, but I'll probably get a chance to do more than read it. I'm a new Theater teacher here up at Pondside High School and I'm planning to start my class of with acting out of of Shakespeare's play. I'm debating between The two Gentlemen of Verona orTwelfth Night, comedies to start the kids off fresh!" She finished, holding the biggest possible smile. She loved to talk about her job. Theater was her life and teaching was something she loved, just speaking about her new job made her feel amazing-

"Oh shoot! I'm sorry I didn't mean to go on and on!!" she said quickly, the smile fading from her face.
Consuela
Consuela

Back to top Go down

Post  aniki~ Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 am

"Oh, it's okay," Cloud said as he shut his book. "I'm going to teach at Pondside too, as the art and music teacher." He moved it aside, then went on. "In my opinion, though, you should save the best for last, when the students get to appreciate the plays better." He stopped and smiled wryly. "I liked As You Like It (and a few others) when I was reading Shakespeare, though. I liked Jaques' monologue... But The Two Gentlemen of Verona is a good play, too. My favorite character was Speed... and now I'm rambling," he finished. "Well, I'll stop bothering you, then."

He reached into a bookbag that lay under the table, took out a notepad and charcoal, then tapped the table lightly, thinking.
aniki~
aniki~

Back to top Go down

Post  Consuela Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Consuela listened with a smile. This man was also teaching at Pondside. She couldn't help but smile as he described his favorites and his opinion. He knew his Shakespeare well. "I'll take your words into consideration..." she replied with a bigger smile "After all, this is my first year teaching it would probably be best if I listened to the experts." her teasing was tagged along by a glint in her eye as she turned back to her book, watching the man take out a notepad.

"I'm Consuela by the way, Consuela Maria Jose Santiago." she said, looking back up as she proudly said her whole name.
Consuela
Consuela

Back to top Go down

Post  aniki~ Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am

"Hmm, I'm Jaze, Jaze Wong, but my friends call me Cloud." He smiled a little. "I'm not such an expert in Shakespeare though- I just took a poetry and prose class in high school and studied a lot of plays and such during the year." He looked down at his art book, then quickly sketched out a familiar scene- Romeo wooing Juliet on the balcony. "I found a lot of ideas for art from those sources..." He drew a dragon swooping down to catch Romeo and a wizard zapping Juliet's backside. "But I fool around with them a little too much, don't you think?"
aniki~
aniki~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down